Calling all artists of Yokota!
Help FSS create its 2024 Calendar!
Acrylic on Wood
MixMedia Pen Marker Photoshop
MixMedia_Pencil Color Pencil Markers
MixMedia Color Pencils Stamps
Fri • 1 Sep • 11:59 p.m.
Samurai Fox is the 374th Force Support Squadron’s official mascot.
He is clad in FSS-blue samurai gear and is typically depicted as a blue-eyed fox. Draw, paint, cosplay or model our mascot in your style!
Our only request is that the artwork is easily identifiable as Samurai Fox.
The winning submissions will get their artwork displayed in the 2024 FSS calendar and a Horizons main article!
- Follow the theme
- Please refrain from adding too much text to the image (It is advisable not to add any text)
- Limit one entry per person
- Any medium is allowed, including but not limited to: acrylic, watercolor, oil, digital (2D or 3D), clay, paper mache, crochet, sewing (cosplay), etc.
- Image, or photo for those wishing to use 3D media or cosplay, must be submitted in landscape orientation with a minimum height of 5.5 in./1583 px.
- For those creating a digital image, please set your dpi/resolution to 300
- File formats accepted: JPEG or PNG
Be mindful of the background. Drawings or paintings with something more than an empty white background will have a higher chance of being chosen. Be aware that the edges of your submission may be cropped if the image is too big. Keep in mind that the month’s name will be added somewhere to the image, so plan your composition accordingly.
SOFA status individuals currently stationed at Yokota AB
How to Enter
Please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2024 FSS Calendar” in the subject line. Please include your name (if you would like to be credited as Anonymous, please let us know), age (not required), and medium or software used. If your file size is too small or doesn’t match the landscape orientation, you may be asked to resubmit your image.
Images will be chosen by the FSS Marketing Department using the following criteria:
• Interpretation and clarity of theme
• Creativity and originality
• Overall design (how well the design fits for its intended purpose)
Twelve winners will be announced on our Yokota Force Support Squadron Facebook page and contacted via email on Friday, 8 September.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com and add “2024 FSS Calendar” in the subject line.
Please note: By submitting your artwork, you grant Yokota Marketing and its affiliates, to include the U.S. Air Force and all instrumentalities and agencies thereof (the Government), the right to re-use, edit, copy, publish, and re-publish the assets in any medium, free of any claims or demands thereof.